Attachment of the students from Universities /Colleges for carrying out short term project/dissertation work in KFRI will be made based on the requirement of R&D activities of the Institute on case to case basis. However, the number of such admissions which may vary from time to time, will be based only the requirement of the Scientists of the Institute followed by the merit. These short term students will normally take part in ongoing research of the concerned laboratory. Hence they will not be entitled to any IPR or Publication/Conference/Seminar other than initiated and submitted from the Institute.
Students studying in Universities or Colleges affiliated to Universities
Students satisfying the eligibility criteria can apply as with following documents
- Detailed Biodata
- Copies of the marks sheets up to the last semester/year duly signed by Principal/HOD
- Recommendation / Introduction by the HOD/Principal of the college in the
format mentioning the duration and likely commencement of the project work
at KFRI (Format
enclosed, Click to download, )
- A request letter by the candidate seeking the placement for conducting the project work.
Only the applications with the above documents received at KFRI before the deadline, would be considered and all the applications without any one of the above enclosures would be rejected and no correspondence will be made with respect to rejected applications.
Last date for application
The last date for the receipt of the applications requesting for permission to carry out the project work in the laboratory would be as below:
- 30th April - for admission to batch commencing from 1st July
- 31st October - for admission to batch commencing from 1st January.
Selection will be made in consultation with respective scientists based on the merit and other considerations such as educational background of the candidate, facilities available to carry out the project etc. Only those candidates who have been recommended for the admission by the Scientists would be intimated through the HOD/Principal of the University/ college. No correspondence will be made in respect of applications not recommended for the admission.
A service fee is charged from candidates to cover the costs of the programme. The fee per student will be Rs. 5000/- for Biotechnology and Rs. 3000/- for all other subjects.
Terms and conditions
For more details,contact
- Minimum period for doing MSc attachment programme is three months.
- During their tenure of the project work, candidates have to follow strictly all the rules and regulations, timings of the laboratory. Strict compliance of safety rules by the students inside the laboratory is a must. The laboratory will not take any responsibility for the safety of the students beyond office hours.
- The number of students admitted for the project work is based only on the requirement of R&D sections/Divisions and has no bearing on any quota
- There will be no guide from the University/college for this work. However, there could be co-guide from the department if desired. But this should be informed clearly to KFRI with the name of person in the letter from the HOD/Principal.
- KFRI will have full intellectual property right on the work carried out by the student. However, if a paper is published out of the work, the student(s) name will be considered for the authorship depending up on his/her contribution.
- University/College undertakes the responsibility for any misconduct by the student(s).
- Thesis/dissertation title/cover page will have the title of the work, name of the university where it would be submitted, student’s name, his/her registration number (optional), name of KFRI scientist as supervisor, Division/Department where the work is carried out at KFRI and month and year of submission. This pattern has to be followed strictly by all the students irrespective of the guidelines stipulated for the same from the respective University/college.
- Students are required to prepare their thesis in required number of copies and get all the certificates signed in original in all the copies from their Department /college and finally get them signed in original by the research guide at KFRI. Three copies of the thesis/dissertation have to be submitted to the Research Guide at KFRI.
- Any violations on the above would be viewed seriously and non-compliance by the candidates/colleges/University would result in total rejection of applications from the Department/College in future.
PhD & MSc Student Attachment Programme - Chairperson
Ph : 0487-2690303
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org