Engineering wing of the Institute has four full-time Technical Officers, four Technical Assistants and Helpers. The team provides engineering and technical support for the research activities besides design, construction and maintenance programmes of the institute. A water supply facility which caters to the needs of nearly 60 resident families, 20 laboratories and common facilities including nurseries, gardens, ex situ collections and cafeteria is maintained by the wing.
Recently completed projects by Engineering Wing
- International Guest House – 1774 M2 built-up area (This is Institute’s air-conditioned board and lodging facility which can simultaneously accommodate about 90 persons for running residential training programmes. The facility has full power generator back-up, recreation facility, lounge, limited computer and internet access, 30 seater dining hall and attached kitchen, roofed open multipurpose lounge and TV room)
- Silver Jubilee Block- 2563 M2 built-up area (This building houses the Three departments and their laboratories, Two A/C Conference hall, lounge, Centra Instrumentation unit, Store and Cafeteria)
- Extension and Training Block – 1252 M2 built-up area (this include seminar hall, lecture halls, computer lab with projection, internet and PAS)
- Research Scholars Hostel -898 M2 built-up area (this can accommodate 30 persons and has dining, kitchen and recreational facilities)
- Renovation of Water treatment plant
- Construction of curio shop at the Sub-centre at Nilambur
- Construction of an Overhead Water Tank at the Sub-centre at Nilambur
- Construction of an Overhead Water Tank cum watch tower at Nilambur
- Construction of Mist Chamber
- Construction of Fern House
KFRI engineering team members are UY John (Engineer in-charge), MK Raji (Technical
Officer (Civil)) and PI Shereef (Technical Officer (Electrical)).
Kerala Forest Research Institute
Peechi P.O, Thrissur District, Kerala - 680653, India.